Today we are going to talk to you about the requirements to rent a home. The rent is nothing more than a temporary exchange of a home for an rent, but both owner and tenant must be aware of obligations specific to each figure.
Whether you are an interested party looking for a flat or an owner who is thinking of renting it, you should know that there are procedures, paperwork and indispensable steps to be able to carry it out. Started? We tell you everything in detail below.
STEPS TO BE ACCOUNTED BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE SIGN OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT
There are some details that we recommend you to keep in mind before signing a rental agreement, we pass you a list so you can check in on it:
1. The most obvious and obvious, read fully and carefully the entire contract. Do not leave any point, and in the face of any doubt about any of its clauses ask the future home about it. It is important that it reflects all the details of the exchange, especially for aspects such as the costs that each party has to face depending on its role.
2. Is your future home owner the home owner? Never provide the deposit without first having met the landlord, and make sure that he is the owner. With the rise of the internet there are many real estate portals that take advantage of this to carry out a scam. Therefore, our recommendation is that you work with intermediaries such as real estate agents and specialized agents who give you the security and confidence that the whole process is being carried out correctly. In Travermed we are aware of this, and for that reason, we offer you total security and transparency because we carry out a verification process in each property.
3. It is very likely that the future landlord wants to know about your financial solvency and for this, will ask for justification such as payroll, employment contracts, etc. It is not a fundamental requirement but it will give the owner confidence that everything is correct.
Once these points are clear and after the signing of the contract, there are a number of requirements that you should not forget and we recommend that you take into account so that the transaction is 100% legal and smooth.
- Necessary documentation of the owner: Energy certificate of the house, habitability cell and documents certifying the ownership of the house as the IBI or the deed of property.
- Documentation provided by the tenant: Identification, obviously. Deposit depending on the agreement you have reached (1, 2 or 3 months of rent), and an guarantee. The latter is a bank document that the owner can ask to make sure that, if the rentor does not take care of their dues, there is someone behind it who will answer for it.
There is a document that we recommend to know correctly what are your rights and duties as a tenant and as a homeowner for rent. This is the Urban Leasing Law, which details aspects such as: when you can leave the apartment, the deposit, who is responsible for paying certain mandatory taxes, etc.
Finally we passed you some of the issues that many of our clients have had at the time of renting a home and we believe that they are really important to raise. In the event that any of these doubts arise about the home you are going to rent, ask without fear of your future landlord or the real estate agent who is in charge of the management:
- Are housing supplies discharged?
- Who will take care of the community's payment?
- How long have you been unoccupied?
- How much do you need to deposit on bail?
- And what is the duration of the contract?
- How long is the initial rental price maintained?
- Can I live with my pet?
- Do you intend to sell the house shortly?
If you think there are more questions let us know in comment, you will be happy to read and complete this information directly with you. And of course, if you are interested in renting a house or you are owning a property and you are interested in this management, do not hesitate to contact us.
In Travermed real estate we are specialists in the purchase, sale and rental of real estate. We offer you our services and treat personalized in an environment of trust and total transparency.
TRAVERMED GESTIY IMMOBILIRIA